Basilica of Sant'Ambrogio
Milan - Italy
LIGHTING OF THE SANT'AMBROGIO'S BASILICA
A milestone in the history and scenery Milan, shines the night of a new light, not only spiritual...
The S. Ambrogio's Basilica is one of the most important place of worship in Milan. The Basilica is inserted in a special background, in fact the church is distinct, isolate by the buildings around, but at the same time it is completely integrated.
A detailed analysis of the environmental conditions and the architectural conditions allowed to identify the most important elements and guidelines to follow: we concentrated on the bell towers, the facade and the narthex, dome lantern, the Bramante's colonnade, the Ansperto's hall and the apse. The guideline in the planning was the use of not much sets and the used of small sets. Very important is also the attenction at the light pollution and the best chromatic performance.
We project this with Arch. Gianni Forcolini and Arch. Christiana Donzelli...
Basilica di S. Ambrogio’s systems:
- n.30 symmetric floodlights with a close bundle and with a 150W metal halides lamp with a 3000k colour temperature;
- n.23 symmetric floodlights with a 70W metal halides lamp with a 3000k colour temperature;
- n.19 symmetric floodlights with a 80W metal halides lamp with a 2800k colour temperature;
- n.5 symmetric floodlights with a 400W metal halides lamp with a 3800k colour temperature;
- n.15 symmetric floodlights with diffusing optics and with a 70W metal halides lamp with a 3000k colour temperature.
- n.6 symmetric floodlights with a close bundle and with a 35W metal halides lamp with a 3000k colour temperature;
- n.15 garden floodlights with a form of a small column and 18 W compact fluorescent lamps with a 3000k colour temperature.